Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update of Life runnings (1)

 It's been too long that I have ' penned down'  sumthing dear Blog o' mine. Alot has been happening. Are you in for a one-on-one for an update? yeah . Kool. here we go then:

I was asked to audition for a piece written by Babs Gonzales & Simone Zeefuik that would premiere in a festival in Amsterdam South East called In The Picture festival. When i heard that it was a Choreopoem I was steamy excited and even more when I got selected! As a Performing Artist doing Spoken Word (solo) for several years now i thought it was time to be directed and moulded by a Director (Nadine Laverne - known from piece called Lumumba-Bah). Boy was I right to do this. As a performer it has brought new insight, diversity and peace in my game.
The choreopoem is inspired by the original desigenr of Choreopoems Ntozake Shange (For Colored Girls Who have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Was Enuff). it is a piece that tells the stories of black women filled with love, pain, laughter and heartship. in the Netherlands these stories are UNSUNG, stay in corners of sidebars in newspapers or are not told at all. But Still There. The name: I Too Sing (read article in Dutch). I Too Sing is derived from the poem of langston hughes in which he utters his existence an visibilty in society. Thus these four women in I Too Sing (performers: Kitty Balker (Dancer), Clara Opuku (Rapper), Jeritza Toney (Comedian) and myself (Poet)).


Zulile, Kitty, Jeritza, Clara (C.I.A)

The Premiere was simultaneously the opening piece of the festival and was a big success. The piece is in English and Dutch making it even more universal and very out-of-the-box for Holland. The next performance is on the 10th of April in Bijlmer Parktheater at 15hrs. ready for a new breeze that showers you with heartfelt stories, a bit of dance, singing and women's glory? come check this OUT.

Watch A lil' TEASER from the show(Perfromer: Zulile Blinker- eye)

So that's the theatre piece part of my life. feeling like a worthwhile Performing artist that can let out the different voices that find haven inside me.

Ready and hungry for more...So ya bet ya i'mma run this side of eye like an athlete. Watch ME.

' I am not the lamb that got struck by the lion in yesterday's high Hunt' - Zulile Blinker

No comments:

Post a Comment