Monday, July 4, 2011

My poetry/soundscape track RUNNING AWAY

BECAUSE WE ARE STILL RUNNING AWAY.
to this day we - descendants of the enslaved plus the slavemaster's next of kin - are still running away from ourselves.

Produced especially for KETI KOTI DAY - Abolition of slavery of the Dutch former and still to-this-day colonies/Suriname, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Saba, Sint Eustatius, Bonaire & Aruba. with my ancestors in mind-whispering moods & words to me i wrote this track and produced the concept. Taziyah Bandele (Pan Afrikans) produced it!

TULA, BONI, TOUSSAINT, KOFI, JOLI is renounced and sung like a mantra...rememmbering our Caribbean Hertiage and it's marauders. In this case runaway enslaved ones.



Listen to the track...and do spread it around. it is a message I got to share...So Here
Watch me perform it after a request to do this on the mainstage from the organisers of Keti Koti Festival in Amsterdam.
Watch my performance in the TULA/BONI Tent in Oosterpark Amsterdam during the celebration of this day.


Yes WE!

No comments:

Post a Comment