Thursday, November 18, 2010

'Recapping' My works, achievements...troddings

ZuLiLE

Born in Suriname and raised on Sint Maarten. I have a BA in Communication, Advertising & Design Management with a minor in Creative Communications & Change Mangement. Propeduese in Medicine & Management in Health Services.

I am a Performing Artist/Poet, Screenwriter, Radio Producer (Love Lounge, Funx Chill, Speak Easy) and I give & facilitate workshops in Creative Writing & Performance. My short kids film Ebony ( Directed by Ineke Houtman) is shown regularly on Dutch Television (VPRO), I have two short Art films Hip Hop Knocked (Black Soil Festival) & Lip Sync (Film Festival Rotterdam).

I am the first Spoken Word Artist from The Netherlands/Suriname to record on an International label as Blue Note with Sabrina Starke. I intro & outro PoetiCly on her debut album Yellow Brick Road.

As a Gay Activist I always put my efforts into visualising Black, Gay & Euro-Caribbean/African stories...

My PR/Marketing efforts/deliverance is amongst others in: Black Magic Woman Festival (2007-2008); ZomerFestival Zuidoost (kid's festival A'dam South East) (2007 - 2008); Krater Theater (now Bijlmer Parktheater) (2007 - 2008); Festival Afrique-Carib (2005 - present).

Festival Afrique-Carib (www.afrique-carib.com) was founded by my sister Ylanga Blinker. I am the Creatve Director, Host & Spokes Person of this annual festival that takes place in Almere. Motto: Crossing Borders By Building Bridges between the caribbean, Africa & Europe.

I have won the Zilveren Pluim Award 2006 for (Producing) the Radio Show FunX Chill (best interactive & diverse radio) & Zami Award 2008 (third place) for my taboo-breaking works/writings.

Currently I am busy with the Theatre Production (A choreopoem) of Babs Gons, I Too Sing, as a Performer/Actrice. And I am also in the midst of my first installation for the Pan African Contemporary Arts & Film Collective - The State of L3. Alongside these troddings I am writing my first Fiction/Drama Film 'Justice Preach'.

& lots more creative brewings....

This is Eye.

Contact Info: zulile.com@gmail.com

For:
Poetry & Music gigs/collaborations/readings
panel discussions
moderator/Radio/workshops
Host

No comments:

Post a Comment